Friday, September 14, 2007

three things

here are a few things i want to s h a r e,

1) C h u r c h - We started attending Grace and Peace Mennonite Church in Seoul.
Its fun and different from my regular church experience. The congergation is Vanessa and myself, The pastor and his wife, a couple with four kids, Jae Young (our boss) and Joel and Heather (other Connexus workers). 4 people only speak english (that would be the connexus teachers), and the rest speak English and Korean. The church welcomed us and its fun to be part of such a small and intimate community. Sunday morning consists of church service, lunch together, bible study. From about 11am - 3pm.
Will write more later on this later.

2)C o m m e n t s - Being a westerner in an Eastern country, people often will try to talk to us when we are on the subway, or walking down the street. Sometimes its a quick "Hello", but the other day we were on the subway and i was looking at a map. A young man about my age comes up to me and asks, "do you need help?", I replied politely with "No thanks, i know where i'm going." The next thing he said to me was, "You very handsome i think." He then continued to comment on Vanessa's beauty, to which i agreed, and we continued talking for a bit. I've never really been complimented like that, it was nice.

3)B o s s - I have decided that our boss, Jae Young, may possibly be the funniest boss ever. I dont know what it is exactly, but 90% of what he says makes us laugh. Its nice to have a boss like that.
Here is a picture of the KAC/Connexus community. Jae Sung, one of the guys in the middle, left yesterday for America. He found a job in the States and moved there. So we took a picture before he left.


Its Friday here in Korea, I like the weekend. Tomorrow Vanessa and I will be meeting some of my students who are going to take us sightseeing. Hope you have a good weekend,
Shalom,

1 comment:

marcel said...

hello
why don't write a letter to a great personnalitie!
i post your letter
shalom
marcel
jewisheritage