Monday, September 17, 2007

Teaching

It's hard to believe that we have been teaching for two weeks already. I think the nervousness that I was feeling before my first few classes has died down a bit. Most of my students are at basic level. The classes are going fairly well and I'm enjoying getting to know my students. I love just comparing our different cultures... sometimes we can really get off topic in class...but as long as we continue in the English language it is all good practice. It's really funny because a lot of the students giggle all of the time for no real reason, particularly laughter follows a word or two of English. I don't really see the humor all of the time but it makes it fun.

Two of Mark's students offered to show us around Seoul so yesterday afternoon we met them and had a really great time. They are in one of the first level classes so the one guy had his electronic dictionary which was very helpful. They taught us some Korean as well! They took us to this area called Insadong, where a lot of tourists go because the traditional Korean shops and buildings. We went to a traditional tea house which was probably a highlight for us. Most of the seating was on the floor on pretty cushions. It was called the Bird Tea House because there were actually little birds flying around the place...and it was a pretty small place. I think a couple of birds almost touched our heads a few times. It was quite the experience.

Have a nice week and I hope who ever is reading this is doing well! Pyonghwa! (this means peace)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet! I loved Insadong. Jess and I had tea there that was brewed for a few weeks. So tasty.