Monday, November 5, 2007

Weekend - Part 3

After the palace we went to Insadong, toursity place right by the palace, and found this really nice Indian restaurant. This woman is holding a sign that says "Free Hugs". At the time I wasn't sure about the story behind holding these signs but since then I have heard from a friend the history behind it. It began with this guy in Australia who was really depressed and his friends didn't know what to do so they suggested he do this almost as a joke. So he went to a mall and after hugging tons of random people he felt a lot better, and now it has spread over the world! I think it's pretty awesome. Here is Mark giving her a hug. :)
I think this guy is making a rice paste. It's called dahk which is formed into rice cakes. I'm not that crazy about it but it is a very common snack in Korea.
This concludes my weekend posts. I hope you all had a good weekend wherever you are.
Cheers.

No comments: