Thursday, November 8, 2007

Future and Present

Over Christmas we have a week off and we have been thinking about it a lot lately because we just bought tickets to Japan! We are really looking forward to it. We found a cheap ticket with the train and ferry. We will travel from Seoul to Pusan (second largest city in South Korea) with the train, then take the ferry to Fukuoka/Hakata in Japan, then take the train to Hiroshima where we will spend about four days. Then we will do the same trip back but stay in Pusan for a couple of days before heading back to Seoul. There is the rundown of it all. Yeah for holidays!

Back to the present...We have just begun semester #3 here at Connexus. There are a few new names to remember as well as a few people who have left. At first I found it so difficult to remember my students Korean names but it is getting easier. In some ways it is nice to have short semesters because it keeps things fresh but on the other hand it kind of breaks the groove of the last semester. Most of my classes are pretty small this month with 2-3 students each and they are all feeling like good groups. One of my classes is specifically in preparation for the interview to be a flight attendant. I think it should be interesting. Anyway, I'm feeling good about the month.

Mark and I, along with Karen, another teacher from Connexus, have been taking Korean lessons twice a week. Our teacher is volunteering her time to teach us which is so kind. She is actually a student at Connexus. So, Korean is difficult! For some reason it is so hard for me to retain it all. But it is getting exciting as I can sort of communicate with the workers at the corner store across the street from our apartment or with the women at "Paris Baguette" which is a backery where we are frequent visitors.

Time to get to work. Have a good day everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is a boring comment, but it's kind of hard to read your blog with the red background. Just so you know.

And, I'm jealous of your Christmas trip.

Anonymous said...

Oops. That last comment was from me, Jess. You know the one.