Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Olympic Park

Fall is really beautiful here. I love looking at the trees every day! I am so happy that we live so close to a big and beautiful park where I can enjoy the season. This morning Mark and I went for a nice walk through this park, it's called Olympic Park. The olympics were held in this park in '88. About one third of the park is covered with large stadiums but the rest of it has nice walking paths and places where you can fly kites and throw frisbees...which makes me so happy. Here are some pictures of the park that were actually taken a couple of weeks ago. I forgot the camera this morning, I was disapointed about that...anyway this first one is of the big gate, we see it everyone morning as we pass by it on the bus. As I said...I love the trees!
Today as we were walking we noticed this interesting looking squirrel with really long ears. It kind of looked like a squirrel/rabbit. Anyway, then we noticed a school class, or maybe it was a kindergarten class all watching the squirrel...they were really cute in their matching sweatsuites. As we walked a number of the kids looked up at us and said hello. Kids often seem excited to see us and wave and say hello as if we are celebrities...it feels kind of strange at times.
I was also really happy to see this big open space. I hope to go here this weekend with Mark and throw the frisbee.
Here is the gate again. The trees were a lot more colorful today. I have noticed that some Koreans wear face masks, like doctor masks, the kind that cover your nose and mouth. I'm not quite sure why but I guess it is because they don't want to breath in all of the pollution or maybe just because the air often stinks. Today I saw a really interesting one in the park, it kind of looked like a beak. I just typed something trying to explain it but it doesn't make sense so deleted it...I will leave it up to your imagination. Here we are so happy at the park. :)

No comments: