Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Crash and Burn

Well it has to happen every once in awhile and while its not fun, hopefully I can learn from it. I had my discussion class yesterday, a class that is set up to practice English by having discussions on specific topics. Well I planned my class on the topic of advertising. We started by looking at some different Korean tourism ads and than talked about advertising in Korea (there are signs everywhere here) and finished with a small discussion on "adbusting." But no matter what I asked, the class said nothing. It felt like the whole class was one long awkward silence. Oh well, I suppose i need to learn from it and move on. I think thats my biggest challenge here, learning not to worry about one bad class but using those crash and burn times as learning times.
Here is one of the pictures I talked about with my class. The Corporate American Flag. I think it is rather clever and makes a strong point through subtle humour. My students thought so as well.

No comments: