Friday, October 5, 2007

New Semester




So, we have begun semester #2. I can't believe we have already been here a month! Time flies! Semesters are only a month long which I feel is really short but kind of nice because it keeps things fresh. The last class of every semester is a fun class which means we play games or go out. For some reason I can't cut and paste the pictures so the first picture is of my students and I right before we went out for some fancy yogart concoctions.

This semester I am teaching a class that is specifically for people about to take an interview in English. I have two students, one who is preparing for an interview for a university exchange program and the other is preparing for an interview with an airline. I think it should be a good class, something different from my other classes. I will also be teaching six other classes. This month is going to be busy! Last month we only had five classes, they like to start us off light....so here we go....

I am now the "birthday co-ordinator" here at Connexus which means I have to make sure that a cake is bought when some one has a birthday here. We always get cakes from "Paris Baguette" and they are so tasty! It's fun eating the cake with chopsticks. So today I went to go buy a cake since someone has a birthday tomorrow (on Saturday), so I went, forgetting my "Korean Phrasebook." There were three employees trying to talk to me...our conversation consisted mostly of pointing and awkward laughs...story of my life!

The second picture we took last night after our evening classes. This will be the group of teachers for the year minus Lish and Cheryl (who are the head teachers and had already gone home when we took it). From left to right: Mark, Joel, Marvin, me, Heather, and Karen. Karen just arrived here this week. It feels like a good group!

The last picture we are eating come cookies brought to us from Canada ...yummy!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada!!!!!!

1 comment:

gina said...

hi from the 'peg and charleswood mc! i'm so happy to discover your blog. this brings back wonderful memories. sounds like you've had a good introduction to korean culture and are adapting well. it helps when you have such a great community like connexus/kac. all the best!