Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Korean Folk Village

On Saturday Mark and I went to the Korean Folk Village which we thought was only an hour south of Seoul but from our apartment it took almost two hours. Before arriving we took a free shuttle bus from the subway stop and we made a friend with a little six year old girl. She just started talking to us in Korean. First she looked at us and said "Foreigners" in korean and that led to a 30 minute conversation...in Korean! She was just so cute and kept asking us questions, we didn't understand a lot that she said but we could communicate a little. This was the longest conversation we have ever had in Korean...I guess we are learning something. So the Korean Folk Village is pretty much a really big fake village with traditional Korean houses, museums and performances. On the river there were many people playing on these wooden planks...Mark and I both tried it out. In each hand you old an ice pick and just push yourself a long. Kind of fun.
Here is a traditional Korean activity (I think). It's like a seesaw but you jump up and down instead. We tried it out as well and it is really difficult!
Here is one of the pefromances we saw.
And me at one of the tradional houses.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I really like the story of finding love in your class. Maybe I should join your class too, I could use the help. Also, the part about the convo with a six year old girl made me smile. I noticed that you're doing all of the posting of late, tell that husband of yours to get on it! I miss you guys lots.