Tuesday, February 26, 2008

i'll be back

This post wont be that interesting, but i figured it was time.

Went skiing this weekend, actually i went snowboarding. It was good, but I have been a spoiled kid growing up near the rockies. The hills here just arent the same. First off at the bottom of the hill was a fountain, this means that the entire hill that we skied upon used artificial snow as there was no natural snow and it was warm enough to have a fountain at the bottom. Everywhere was brown except for the place where we skied. Secondly, it takes only 5 minutes to ski down the hill. Its a lot smaller than the rockies, but it was still fun.

I had a good class the other day. Not to say that my other classes arent good, but i like it when my students tell me that they just feel like talking. I know that sometimes grammar and vocabulary can be boring, so its fun when students tell me they just want to talk. So we started talking and somehow the discussion changed to crying in movies. One of my students confessed that he cries easily in movies. Particulary in Terminator 2, when Arnold talks about how he is the last chip and has to melt his body (he is a robot) so the technology cant be reproduced. He said he watched that part about 20 times. I told him he is a very honest man.

Other than that, not much is happening here, same old.

No comments: