Monday, December 17, 2007

Our new friend

On Saturdays Mark and I have develped a bit of a routine. We usually get breakfast at the bakery we love Paris Baguette or at Issac Toast which is a place that makes sandwiches with toast, eggs, some kind of meat, cabbage a piece of processed cheese, and this really good sweet sauce, sounds pretty appetizing, don't you think? After breakfast we go to our nearby market and buy some fruit. Last week we went to a stand and the woman working there was so nice to us, so this past we decided to go back to the same stand. She was there again and she remembered us. We used our broken Korean and tried to communicate what we wanted. She kept giving us extra fruit and saying “service” which means free...Then she started asking us all these things in Korean. We actually had a semi conversation all in Korean! First she asked if we were American, and I could understand and could use one of the sentences I know in Korean: "I'm Canadian" - which sounds like "kahnahda sarum eeaeoo." Then she pointed at both of us and then linked her fingers together well saying lots of words...we just kind of nodded and I pointed at my ring...Then she asked if we were students...again I could understand!...i was so surprised..and we could say that we were English teachers. Anyways, this woman was so kind and really funny so now we have to go back to this stand. I need to memorize some more sentences before we go back so I can say a bit more.

No comments: