Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Green tea farm

I've been meaning to write about our weekend to the temple and to the green tea farm so here I am. It was a pretty amazing weekend. It was nice to have a break from Seoul and be surrounded by trees and what felt like clean air. I'm going backwards here, I'm starting with the green tea farm. On Sunday after the temple, we took a couple of buses and a few hours later we arrived at the farm which was in almost the most southern part of the Korean peninsula.

This green tea farm is apparantly a big tourist attraction in Korea so there were many people there. Everything there seemed to be along the green tea theme. For lunch we had green tea samgyupsal (which is kind of like bacon). They bring it to the table raw and then we fry it on the grill at our table. Notice the green tea powder sprinkled on top. For dessert we had green tea ice cream. I would prefer chocolate but it actually wasn't bad. At most ice cream places in Seoul you can also order green tea ice cream.
It was a beautiful place. We spent the afternoon wondering through the farm.
Here is our gang hiding behind the bush.
Okay, I'll write more later. I just finished teaching for the day and Tuesday is my busiest day...so I'm tired. Time to walk home in the rain. Stay tuned for more on the temple stay.

No comments: