Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Bow

I still can't get quite used to all of the bowing here. The other day Mark and I were waiting for a big department store to open so we were standing in front of the doors with a group of people. We could see a number of workers in the store standing at their counter or by the door waiting to open it. Four women in matching outfits were the door openers. Suddenly some Korean came through the speakers and everyone started to bow to us and the door openers turned to bow to each other and then to us again (from what I remember) and then they opened the doors. It was quite the opening.

Today I was walking to work and I passed a group of four older women. They were wearing matching outfits. As I walked by they bowed to me and said hello in Korean. I said hello back and then they thanked me. I have no idea who these women are...random.

The other day we heard that the convenience store down the street from Connexus was handing out free ice cream so we left our work and went to get some. The guy gave us the ice cream and we gave him a Connexus pen...he bowed so low to thank us I thought he might fall over.

Anyway, just something I have been noticing lately...I find it interesting.

No comments: