Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm a bump-a-dump-a-dump-bump

When I was a child I really liked a Fred Penner song called "The Bump." My parents even recorded me singing it. A month ago this song came back to me while we were in Gyeongju. Maybe I wrote a few posts ago how we visited a park with many ancient tombs there. Well, the tombs looked like this: (see picture)...every time I saw one this song came in my head. It brings me back. "I'm a bump-a-dump-a-dump-bump in the middle of the prairie. The land around is flat flat flat..." and I forgot the last part...too bad.

2 comments:

Julia said...

After I read this I tried for awhile to find this song on the web so that I could listen to it, but no luck. So I just watched the opening theme for Fred Penner show instead. And the opening themes for Beine Maia, Heidi, and Benjamin Bluemchen. And then I found this audio clip from a Benjamin Bluemchen episode on YouTube where, out of context, it sounds like something lewd is going on between Benjamin and Otto. It was so funny! Oh, my life is not so exciting.

Vanessa said...

I'll have to sing the song for you one day. I also tried to find it on the internet but no luck.