Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Adventures

Two weekends ago Mark and I rented bikes and along with our friend Kwang-kue biked along the Han River in Seoul. Besides it being kind of a windy day and having to dodge many other people on the path it was a great time. It was so wonderful to be on a bike again. I think this is the longest break I have taken from biking since I first started to ride. Oh, I miss my bike! This last weekend Mark and I got up early on Saturday morning (early for a Saturday) and went to an amusement park called Lotte World. It kind of reminded me of Disneyland. As you can see it has the big fairy tale castle and also many people were wearing fake ears. Not mickey mouse ears but other mouse type ears. I don't quite understand the facination of wearing ears but whatever makes people happy.
We had so much fun trying out all of the different rides. We started with the Gyro Drop which you can kind of see on the left in the picture below (we had to pose with the castle). Pretty much you get taken up really high up this poll and then after maybe 2 or 3 seconds they drop you down. What an amazing/awful feeling!
I realized that I really love rides! I don't think I had been on a ride since I was in grade 10 so it was fun. I kind of felt like a little kid with excitment. It's weird how the fairytale land can just suck you in.

No comments: